Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We need a better schedule.

Baby boy Deacon woke up at 6 am this morning ready to play. This is probably b/c he went to sleep last night at 7:30ish. We have got to keep him way later so maybe he'll sleep until a decent hour. It's only 8:20 and he is already down for a nap. I think all the growing and making teeth wears him out. His second tooth (the other one on the bottom) poked through last Friday. His little teeth are sharp!

He also ate real banana last night and didn't spit it out! Yay!!! He also eats peas. He is one step away from being completely mobile. He can scoot anywhere he wants now, but he doesn't actually crawl. He will get up on his knees and hands and then kind of do a push up where he is on his hands and feet and then scream b/c he can't go anywhere and then fall down and just roll around or scoot. I'm not complaining b/c we haven't really baby-proofed the house yet. That will be on our to-do list this weekend.

Last Saturday we took 9 month pics at JC Penney's (I'm a member of the portrait club!). I knew we'd be doing naked baby pics and then I wanted one other outfit and I knew it would be his cute little jeans and something else....Clayton suggested his white button down shirt....Good call....Our baby could be a model. The pictures he took are sooooooooooooooooo cute. When we did his first pics last month he was all smiles. I loved that this time he did different looks. He has a couple of suprised looks (probably suprised that he is naked) and some serious looks. Love it.

Then on Sunday Deacon wore that same jeans/white shirt outfit to church and everyone kept saying how cute he was in it and how it looked like he should be walking down a beach...Probably b/c he never wears shoes and the sleeves were rolled up.

Today is music class! Last week while doing major tonal patterns (the teacher sings to the baby bum-bum-bum in different notes and wants the baby to repeat back) the teacher got to Deacon and after she sang bum-bum-bum, he went clap-clap-clap....Everyone was very impressed....He claps all the time so I'm pretty sure the 3 claps after the 3 bums was coincidence....Or Deacon is a baby genius.

Ok, I don't have any fun pics this post...I need to take more pictures.

1 comment:

Mamato2 said...

I really need to get professional pics done!! I have tons of "mama cam" pics, but none of the real deal and baby girl is 8 months old!! Maybe I'll do nine month pics! :)
Will you post some of Deacon??
Music class sounds cool!
Mal loves to dance and clap, too- she'd likely thrive with something like that. Is he in swimming- that's where I want his girl-twin to go soon! :)
Blessings,
L.
Ethio Journey: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=32b45f4a567aac1acf0204&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url