Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ethiopia, Day 1 - Travel

We're here! We made it, finally. It is currently about 10:30 pm in Addis Ababa, and we are getting ready to turn in. Tomorrow we meet our son! We'll be leaving to meet him at about 9:00 am.

This was a long day. We left DFW around 11:30 am. Got to DC about 3 hours later. Then we killed some time while we waited for our flight to leave at 8:00 pm.

Then we were on a plane. Forever. That has been the worst part so far, that long flight. I still can feel/hear the roar of the jet in my body, and it also still feels like I'm going very fast at a very high alltitude.

We ate 3 meals on the plane. Dinner after we left DC. Breakfast before we landed in Rome, Italy to refuel. Then lunch as we were crossing northern Africa on our way to here. The flight was about 8 hours from DC to Rome, then an hour lay over, then another 5 hours to Ethiopia. I was feeling like yuck after all that.

But we got off the plane quickly, got our Visa in about 20 minutes, then got our bags and met our guide. And now we're at the Hilton. We got room service, because Margo had missed that previous lunch on the plane [she was sleeping]. Toasted Ham & Cheese with Fries:















Now all I have to remember is not to drink the water. I kept my mouth closed during my shower, but when I brushed my teeth, I didn't even think of it. Just to be safe, I rinsed my mouth out with Coke after brushing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so incredibly excited about this!! I can't wait to read more details!!! :)