Monday, September 17, 2007

ethiopian reunion

So, last Friday we went to Gladney's Meet and Greet. This is where couples that are in process or are approved and waiting get to meet the staff at Gladney and here us panel-people talk about our experiences. The highlight for us was getting to meet Reece Gehman!!! We set the boys down to let them play together and it went well. I dare you to find 2 cuter babies on this planet...







Of course, during the panel discussion we are all up there with all these babies and we let them crawl around on the floor in front of us. At one point, I think Reece and Deacon were testing the boundaries of their new friendship when Reece wanted to check out Deacon's ear by grabbing at it, and Deacon wasn't down with that. I think Deacon cried and Reece fell over. It was so funny to see them interact with each other. I'm very excited that Deacon has an Ethiopian friend now!!

Today we played all morning, except for a short 1 hour nap, and then after lunch we ran around town with Daddy to get birthday party stuff for this weekend! So Deacon slept for about 30 minutes in the car this afternoon. Not a lot of nap time today. So tonight he had a big dinner and then I had to excuse myself for some private time (read: I had to use the bathroom) so I put Deacon in the exersaucer and turned on Praisebaby for him to watch. Well, I got sidetracked after the bathroom by straightening up the bedroom and about 15 minutes later I went back into the living room to see this...


Yes, he is asleep. So asleep that I skipped bathtime, fed him a bottle and changed his diaper all without him waking up. He was down for the night by 7pm. Which means he should be waking up tomorrow around 5am...This is why nap time must be respected!!! If nap time is not taken, the whole schedule is thrown off!!!

Also, we bought some de-tangler for Deacon's hair. I've started to comb out the 'fro and it helps if you use detangler...We tried to get pics of the fluffiness...


Ok, I've got to add about 100 links to the blog roll. One of my bestest friends from college (and I call her the bestest b/c she lived with me and my blaring alarm clock for 2 years!) is adopting from Ethiopia also!!! YAY for Nikki and Matthew!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nikki! You go girl!!! Start the blog now.
Kisses Mimi aka Margo's Mom!